We have finally decided on the first reward schedule for TRY token holders. It was quite a vigorous process calculating the best “vesting” period to provide the highest pay-out whilst keeping TRY holders engaged. We used projected and current earnings as well as current and projected network fees in the equations.
The options for consideration.
Rewards would be distributed on the last day of every month.
- TRY holders stay active and engaged.
- TRY holders get rewarded shortly after tokens are acquired during the ICO or on exchanges.
- Administration time, process and fees are high.
- Network fees in relation to rewards are high.
- Smaller TRY holders would not be rewarded due to network fees outweighing pay-outs.
- Attractive to speculative traders.
- No compounding on returns.
Rewards would be distributed on the last day of every 3rd month.
- TRY reward pay-outs are bigger.
- Smaller TRY holders would receive bigger rewards in relation to network fees.
- Less Administration, processes and fees.
- More attractive for value investors/traders.
- TRY holder are less engaged.
- TRY price could be lower with less speculative traders involved.
Rewards would be distributed on the last day of June and December.
- Highest reward pay-outs.
- Least amount spent on network fees in relation to rewards.
- Biggest compounding on returns.
- TRY holder engagement would drop drastically.
- Only attractive to long-term and value investors.
- TRY price would be much lower due to the lack of speculators.
Taking all these factors (including many spreadsheets and “what if” scenarios) into account we have made a decision. We have decided that until Traderly is 100% up and functional, TRY rewards would be distributed on a quarterly basis. At least until all structures are in place and all 10 million TRY have been minted. At that stage we would like to present all the information, data and findings to the TRY community and have a vote on the way forward.
How the distribution works.
A snapshot of all TRY holders will be taken during the day (last day of every 3rd month). The Snapshot time will not be disclosed to anyone. Rewards will be distributed to all TRY holders in proportion to their holding to total supply. The first snapshot will be taken on the 31st of March and TRY rewards will be distributed accordingly.